The Project Architect role involves working as part of our project team to assist and ensure seamless architectural deliverable execution in bringing our design projects through completion. This role will be a key point of communication for the team in relevant phases of the project and is integral to fostering a collaborative process both with the internal and external project team. This role requires highly effective communication and coordination practices, along with a strong attention to detail, with the ability to synchronize multiple concurrent efforts with an exceptional level of professionalism.
As part of the New York studio for MG2, this role provides an exciting opportunity to work across project types, including the retail environments created by The Lionesque Group, an MG2 company, as well as the project work related to the Consumer Environments market of MG2.
This role requires highly effective communication and coordination practices, with the ability to synchronize multiple concurrent efforts with an exceptional level of professionalism as ambassador to the team’s efforts internally and externally.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Handle technical and document production aspects of projects
- Draft and work with team through the construction documentation process
- Check for code compliance, coordinate with consultants / contractors / vendors and internal project stakeholders and develop construction details
- Tracking and responding to permit submissions with AHJ
- Understand design intent and goals for successful implementation
- Assist in the design control / construction administration phase of projects
- Maintain firm-wide documentation procedures and standards
- Consulting coordination during CA in collaboration with Project Manager
- Support project management in staffing, fee estimating and scheduling, as needed
- Assist Design Manager and Project Manager with proposals/budget development and project status updates
- Assist Design Manager and Project Manager with client coordination
- Provide technical guidance to project staff
- Assist in performance review feedback for project staff, as applicable
- Serve as secondary point of contact in client communications
- Possess full knowledge of industry best practice standards and expectations
Job Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s of Architecture
- Architectural licensure preferred/encouraged
- 5 – 8 years of experience
- Experience with retail projects preferred, but not required
- High acumen for 2D and 3D visualization
- High quality renderings using 3D Studio Max is a plus, but not required
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office. Hand sketching / detailing a plus.
- Experience with jurisdictional planning approvals, entitlements, research and presentations
- Experience with building material research / implementation and sustainability
Candidate must be: Resourceful, creative, thinks out of the box, a self-starter and team player and have ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks and varied personalities
Send submissions with cover letter, resume and portfolio where applicable here.