With the goal of providing the seamless delivery of multiple projects, the Design Manager acts as liaison between the client stakeholders, TLG leadership and project team, the Design Manager assumes a primary role in the project process from concept through construction administration.
The Design Manager works with the Principal in Charge and Head of Strategy to manage the total efforts of the design team manage the preparation of schedules and drafts scope and deliverables to ensure efficient and balanced utilization of resources to meet client timelines. The Design Manager will be a central point of communication for the team in all design phases of the project and is integral to leading a collaborative process both with the internal and external project team.
This role requires highly effective communication and coordination practices, with the ability to synchronize multiple concurrent efforts with an exceptional level of professionalism as ambassador to the team’s efforts internally and externally.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Assist in managing client relationship – Is a Trusted partner.
- Manage the design process – Map out phases, deliverables and expectations. Drafts proposals.
- Manage a team of designers – Senior Designers, Junior Designers, Interns.
- Manage the workplan – Staffing, budget, invoices. Communicate risks and advise clients when close to max contract / add services etc
- Works with Head of Strategy in RFP to workplan project fees and schedules, and determine project deliverables and delivery methods
- Oversees ensuring all phases of the design process, from kick off through construction administration runs on time and on budget
- Is a liaison for the flow of information to the design team from/to client teams and consultants and to the TLG project management leaders
- Manages the schedule and production of documentation efforts
- Works with technical team to ensure implementation of design intent
- Provides daily recap updates to PIC on project tracking
- Identifies additional services as they arise and works with Head of Strategy
- Effectively manages the project team and deliverable schedule to meet internal and external milestone dates and deliverables
- Effectively and proactively coaches, mentors and provides performance-enhancing feedback to team members
- Implements processes to reduce risks and exposure in all areas of the project—with an on-going focus on streamlining processes, gaining efficiencies while improving quality of design and documentation
- Able to manage multiple projects and set appropriate priorities for the project teams and overall flow of work
- Able to represent the firm as an active participant in client and consultant meetings
- Ability to travel with team to client meetings
Job Qualifications (required)
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in architecture, interior design or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to deliver design solutions
- Working knowledge of SketchUp, AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite
- Revit experience a plus
- Expertise in Retail Interiors
- Experience managing project schedules and budgets
- Experience in all phases of the design process, from RFP to CA
- Demonstrated understanding of all aspects of construction documentation
- Interest in sustainability practices
Candidate must be: Resourceful, creative, thinks out of the box, a self-starter and team player and have ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks and varied personalities
Send submissions with cover letter, resume and portfolio where applicable here.